- Total (all) compensation claims and associated costs in Financial Year 14/15 were £85.1M.
- The total number of new claims brought against MOD was 5814. This represents a decrease of around 15% compared with 13/14.
- Of that total, new Service EL claims of 2381 were as follows:
Noise-induced hearing loss 1838 – 77%
Non-freezing cold injury 145 – 10.5%
Other 398 – 16.7%
- 1898 Service Personnel Employer’s liability claims were settled in 14/15:
Noise-induced hearing loss 1652
Non-freezing cold injury 50
- Service Personnel Employer’s liability claims paid out including costs was just under £52M so no real change from previous 2 years.
The UK defence budget in 2014/2015 was £33billion.
£52million (all EL claims paid in 2014/15) is 0.1625% of the UK Defence budget or Less than 1/5 of 1%.