If you are injured as a result of a medical mistake you may be not only physically and psychologically hurt; you probably feel confused and let down as well.
The vast majority of professionals in the NHS, in the Defence medical services and in the private sector are dedicated and highly competent, but sometimes accidents do happen and mistakes are made. The results can be devastating both for the victim and for his or her family.
Medicine is enormously complex, and understanding it when it goes wrong requires access to the very best resources, both legal and medical. At HMS we have gathered a team that has the skills needed to guide you through the process. We have;
- Specialist legal knowledge,
- A sensitive and understanding approach to our clients
- A tough but persuasive relationship with our opponents
- Dedication to getting you the very best deal, so you can move on with all the support you need
- A down-to-earth and compassionate understanding of how an injury affects day-to-day living
- A commitment to rehabilitation
- Experience in choosing and working with the right medical experts
- A reputation that attracts the very best barristers to work with us
- An imaginative approach, so that we can see success in cases other solicitors may not accept
- A network of supporting organisations so we you won’t be left alone, ever.
HMS is a member of Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA), and supports patients’ rights.
Types of claim
Just as the need for medical care can arise at any time in our lives, medical injuries can come from any treatment we may have from our carers. Some of the areas in which we represent clients are;
- Catastrophic birth injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Surgical error
- Brain injury
- Spinal injury
- Missed diagnosis
- Medication mistakes
- Pressure ulcers
- GP error
Our aim is to make the whole legal process easy and accessible for you. We are here to help you and your family at all times and we have an exceptional reputation for the quality of our service.
Please feel free to call us for an initial chat at no cost and without obligation. You will find us friendly, approachable and responsive to your individual needs.