An exciting opportunity has arisen to join an award winning Wilmslow based claimant solicitor’s practice with a national and international client base.
We are currently recruiting for a paralegal to assist Director and Solicitor with a large caseload of multi-track Clinical Negligence cases. The role will be to work under supervision and in line with current company policies and legal requirements. To accept delegated tasks as directed by the Senior Solicitor.
Applications are welcome from candidates with either claimant or defendant clinical negligence experience.
LPC graduates with a strong academic background seeking their first paralegal position are also encouraged to apply.
• Assessing new enquires
• Providing a high standard of client care
• Ensure cases are progressed in a timely, efficient and in a proactive manner.
• Drafting Letters of Claim, Letters of Instruction and witness statements
• Reviewing and summarising medical and personnel records
• Dealing with correspondence and telephone enquiries
• Maintaining client files in good order in accordance with Lexcel requirements.
• Managing a Proclaim task list in a timely manner
• Accurate time recording.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate, preferably with Law related degree and / or professional qualification such as LPC
• Attention to detail
• Good organisational skills and time management skills
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent client care skills to include a good telephone manner
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexible and willing to commit to achieving results and meeting deadlines
• Experience in legal drafting is preferable but not necessary
• Experience in using Proclaim is preferable but not necessary
Job Type: Full-time
CV to: email@example.com
Quoting reference: Paralegal