Position: Partner and Head of Clinical Negligence
Phone: 01625 547470
Having initially gained an Honours Degree in Biology at The University of Birmingham, Kris then transferred to Huddersfield University where he studied for a Post Graduate Diploma in Law. He then completed his Legal Practice Course at The University of Nottingham Law School.
Kris began his legal career at Pannone as a trainee solicitor, qualifying into the Clinical Negligence team in 2000 before becoming Partner in 2006. He joined Slater and Gordon in February 2014 and later became their National Head of Clinical Negligence.
Kris joined Hilary Meredith Solicitors in 2017 to lead the Clinical Negligence team.
He specialises in Claimant Clinical Negligence work. He handles a large variety of complex medical litigation cases including serious injury actions for adults and children.
• c£6.5 million (lump sum equivalent) for an 18 year old who suffered significant brain damage at birth.
• £7.8 million (lump sum equivalent) for a young boy who suffered permanent brain injuries as a result of midwifery negligence.
• £7.5 million (lump sum equivalent) for an boy who suffered brain damage due to obstetric negligence.
• c£8.5 million (lump sum equivalent) for an young girl who suffered a brain injury because of negligent care at the time of her birth.
• Lump sum of £3 million plus large annual awards for Care and case management for life for a boy who suffered four limbed cerebral palsy with blindness, learning difficulties and a much shortened life expectancy due to a failure to diagnose posterior urethral valves leading to collapse causing permanent brain damage.
• Kris is listed in Chambers UK 2017 which states: sources say that he is “meticulous and explains everything that we need to know,” and “he has a very bright brain in terms of the law.”
Membership of relevant organisations
• Law Society Specialist Clinical Negligence Panel Member.
• Senior Litigator of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.
• Listed in Chambers UK.
• Listed in the Legal 500.
Outside of work Kris enjoys spending time with his family, running and playing the piano. Kris’s aspiration is, at some point, to run an ultramarathon!